Home

There must be more to cabbage than coleslaw

tags:

Okay, my wife came home from the farmer’s market with a big and beautiful head of cabbage. I asked her what she had in mind for it and she said she had no idea. Great! I have no idea what to do with it either. My wife’s is not a fan of mayonnaise so coleslaw is out.

Does anyone have some suggestions on what else I can create with cabbage?

Re: There must be more to cabbage than coleslaw

Why not make Rotkohl mit Äpfeln.

Thanks. I can’t pronounce it, but your red cabbage recipe does look appetizing.

cabbage rolls

if it’s a nice loose cabbage, you could try cabbage rolls. Meat or vegetarian filling, a litle tomato juice or stock in the pot to keep them moist, and they cook a little more and ta da!

Also shredded cabbage is the primary filling of egg rolls.

Re: cabbage rolls

Cabbage rolls. What a great idea. I had a childhood friend whose mother used to make them. I used to invite myself over for dinner. His mother was a better cook than mine. Thanks for the suggestion.

If you have a chance would you mind posting the complete recipe. I can improvise, but I prefer to know how others do it before I begin.

I like cabbage (I am assuming it is green) thinly sliced and sauteed until nice and soft, then tossed with some truffle butter. Mmm…

oh that truffle butter does sound good. I’m going to pick up some cabbage at the farmer’s market and give it a try.

That truffle butter does sound wonderful. I have never noticed it in the store. Do you have to make your own? We Italians simply steam chopped cabbage, than transfer it to a pan - while still “al dente” and simply add good olive oil and sea salt. That truffle butter does sound very interesting. Thank you.

Truffle butter sounds delish.