Home

Bulgur?

tags:

Does anybody know what bulgur is? There was a really nice looking recipe in the NYTimes magazine this weekend for falafel and it calls for bulgur.

Perhaps someone here has a falfel recipe. I love Thomas Keller, but then I have had only one meal in his restaraunt and so many wonderful meals thanks to greatgrub.

Thank you - Sheila

Re: Bulgur?

Bulgur (which I think is usually spelt Bulgar) is a wheat product that looks a little like couscous. It is great in salads, soups and can be a good alternative for rice.

Thank you. I found some in the store and tried the falafel recipe. It was a disaster. I should know better by now. Recipes by a famous chefs always get me into trouble. They are always much harder than they make them appear.

I bet someone on greatgrub has an easy to make Falafel recipe for me.

Re: Bulgur Spelling

According to the excellent food resource Larousse Gastronomique it is spelled Bulgur and equally reliable Food Lover’s Companion spells it the same and offers an alternate spelling of Bulghur

How about something more traditional? You can find it posted here.

Thank you. I am going to try your Falafel recipe tonight! I want to make amends for my last disaster and your recipe looks easy and straightforward.

Any suggestions on what to do with my left over bulgur?

I have added a reference entry on Bulgur for those of you looking for more information on this tasty grain. And if you know more than I do on the subject please add your two cents to the reference.