Home

Dishwasher is not cleaning like it used to

My dishwasher is not cleaning like it used to. It is only 2 years old. About 6 months ago I noticed that the dishes were coming out spotted and sometimes still dirty. Up until then the dishwasher was great. The repairman has been out twice but says he can find nothing wrong? He thinks that I am a crazy clean freak. Have any of the cooks out there had similar issues? Please help me prove that I am not crazy.

Re: Dishwasher is not cleaning like it used to

I’ve been having the same problem! I haven’t called the repairman yet, but my dishwasher has not been cleaning nearly as well. I now prewash everything. Glad to know I’m not the only crazy 1 :)

i’m going crazy too. it’s a conspiracy to get us to buy new dishwashers.

I’ve been blaming my husband for not rinsing well and driving him crazy. What’s going on? my dishes come out powdery sometimes with food still on them.

My dishwasher never worked well. Now it is worse.

It turns out that none of you are crazy — at least when it comes to your dishwashers. And there is a reason you are all experiencing the same problem at once. The good news is that the blame lies not with your dishwashers (or your husbands) but with phosphates.

It turns out seventeen U.S. states banned phosphates from dishwashing detergent and the manufactures in turn stopped using them all together. This is good for the environment as the chemical compounds pollute lakes, bays and waterways. This is bad for your dishes as they also used to do the heavy lifting when it came to getting your dishes clean.

This article from NPR explains it all

Now I’d like to know why no men bothered to complain?