Home

My banana bread sticks

tags:

My banana bread sticks to the pyrex pan. I butter the pan but it does not seem to help. Help!

Re: My banana bread sticks

Bobbie uses a sheet of siliconized baking paper to line the dish. When the bread has cooled, you just pull on the sides of the paper and lift it out… then the bread falls apart when you try to pull the paper off. No, just kidding, works a treat.

I agree with Bobbie. Here in the United States it is hard to find "siliconized baking paper" but what you will find is parchment paper. To use, I butter on the area that will become the inside and then make four cuts like so:

Cut and fold ends and insert into pan. Pour batter into center and bake. By allowing a margin above pan, it will provide "handles" and will be easier to remove.

I buy my “siliconized baking paper” from Costco. I’m sure it is American. Anyway, it looks like parchment paper to me. Guess it is just super hi-tech.

Siliconized baking paper is the same as parchment - nothing sticks to it, even sellotape which can be vaguely annoying sometimes!