Home

Midnight feast

tags: | |

I woke up at 3am and couldn’t get back to sleep. I was really hungry. Has anyone got any suggestions for good grub in the wee small hours — food that is easy to digest, satisfying and that can be prepared with your eyes closed (literally)?

Re: Midnight feast

COOKIES! Mothers brand Iced Circus Animals, with milk. Mmmmmm!

Easy to digest - strawberry mango yogurt.

I too am an insomniac. Munch, meditate and go back to sleep already!

Warm milk?

I find a healthy pour of an old whiskey is so much more effective. And it goes quite well with the animal crackers.

Warm milk is good… just like Mother used to make.

(Milk actually does contain hormones to help you sleep. See Insomnia, new milk is the cure. Kind of interesting, though I think a good shot of Baileys might be better!

I asked my mother why she never made me warm milk as a child… she said I had sinus problems and too much dairy wasn’t a good idea. “Is that why I had so many sleepless nights?” I asked. I think she thought I was referring to breathing difficulties while what I was actually suggesting was that I was lactose deprived. My dad tells me that he was given warm milk by his mother with a knob of butter thrown in just before serving. Sounds good!

> My dad tells me that he was given warm milk by his mother with a knob of butter thrown in just before serving. Sounds good!

Unless you are an artery.

Warm milk. It still works for me. Adding butter is too rich for my blood. Does sound good though.