These christmas cookies (pronounced “ape-ees”) look plain, but are the best milk-dunking cookies.
- 2 cups sugar
- ¾ cup soft butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tblsp milk
- flour (about 6-7 cups)
- electric mixer
- baking sheets
- cookie cutters
- Mix sugar and butter until creamy.
- Add eggs and beat.
- Mix in baking soda and milk.
- Add flour to stiffen, ½ cup at a time until stiff.
- Roll on floured surface to ¼ inch thick and cut out cookies.
- Bake at 375°F for 9-11 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.
What you should know
The amount of flour needed varies. You should add it until it feels like you can roll it out and it will stay together. You may need to add water when you gather up scraps re-roll.
Click here for more delicious desserts.