Submitted by David on 1 November 2006 - 11:01pm.
This is a basic fish stock, ideal for poaching fish, soups and sauces.
- 3 pounds any fish scraps [heads, bones, tails]
- About 3 litres of water
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 celery sticks, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 fennel bulb, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon peppercorns
- Large stock pot
- Add all the ingredients to the stock pot.
- Bring to the boil and skim any scum that forms from the top.
- Simmer for 30-45 minutes.
- Strain through a fine sieve into a container.