Mindy's banana bread
What do you do with those last two over ripe bananas? Throw them away? Not anymore. With this recipe, that my friend Mindy gave me, I make yummy banana bread that we eat for breakfast or dessert or for snack. The bread doesn’t last on the kitchen table for more than three days. Anyone who comes over must have a bite. It’s easy, delicious and it makes the whole house smell good. Chocolate chips are optional.
- 1 ½ cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 stick butter (leave out to soften)
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2-3 over ripe bananas
- Chocolate chips (optional)
- Electric mixer
- Loaf pan
- Mix all the ingredients in electric mixer just until the ingredients are combined thoroughly.
- Add the bananas last.
- Spray loaf pan with Pam. Pour in mixture.
- Cook for 50 minuttes at 350°F.
- Check middle with a toothpick to make sure it is cooked.
What you should know
If you add the chocolate chips mix them in by hand. If you forget to leave the butter out, you can microwave it but you must add it to the mixture before the eggs or you will cook them. Do not over mix the ingredients or the bread will be sunken in the middle.