Home

Strawberry Picking in Los Angeles?

Can anyone recommend a farm to pick your own strawberries? We are looking for a place to go in greater LA area, within hour or so away?

I know of Underwood Family Farms in Moorpark where we have been for pumpkins, but am looking for another suggestion…

Any info is good info.

Thank you-

Susan

Re: Strawberry Picking in Los Angeles?

Don’t know a specific farm, but if you’re looking for an outing…

I have never had the pleasure of attending the California Strawberry Festival in Oxnard before (and it looks like I’ll be out of town again this year on that weekend), but I’ve driven through it once and it looks like an amazing celebration with lots of delicious strawberries!

Here’s their website: In 2010 it is on May 15 & 16

Let me know how you like it!

The festival looks like a lot of fun. When you get back with loads of juicy strawberries be sure to try Grandma’s Strawberry-Rhubarb Pie as it is delicious.

Thank you for the input.

As far as I know, you cannot pick your own at this festival, but it does look like a great celebration. We ended up going to Tanaka Organic Farm in Irvine on Sunday. We took a “strawberry tour”- which included a little “picking and eating” at the end. It was fun and informative for the kids, but I’m still wishing to pick baskets full for myself. Childhood memories from the midwest!

Thanks again-

Map of Tanaka Organic Farm in Irvine
Map of Underwood Family Farms in Moorpark
Map to California Strawberry Festival in Oxnard