Grandma’s Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
Submitted by John on 30 March 2007 - 2:27pm.
The combination of the sweet strawberries and tart rhubarb makes this a classic in country fare.
- 1 ¼ cup sugar
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup flour
- 2 cup fresh strawberries
- 2 cup fresh rhubarb, cut in 1” pieces
- 2 Tbsp butter
- ¼ cup milk, cold
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- Pastry for 2-crust pie
- Small bowl
- Large bowl
- 9 “ Pie pan
- Preheat oven 425°F.
- In large bowl combine strawberries and rhubarb.
- In small bowl combine 1 ¼ cup sugar, salt, and flour.
- In a pastry-lined 9” pie pan, arrange half the strawberries and rhubarb
- Sprinkle with half the sugar mixture from small bowl.
- Repeat with remaining fruit and sugar mixture. Dot top with butter.
- Place top crust and flute edges to seal. Cut vents in top crust.
- Brush top of pie with cold milk and sprinkle on 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Bake 40 to 50 minutes or until rhubarb is tender and crust is browned.