Home

Create Link

The Create inline link doesn’t seem to work. Maybe I’m not understanding the directions or perhaps the correct way to use it. Can you help me? Thanks!

Beth allredbnk@yahoo.com

Re: Create Link

Hi Beth

Thanks for your note. It seems there is a problem inserting links into comments. It works fine in recipes and stories. I’ll take a look and get it fixed. If you find it is not working anywhere else, please get back to me.

Peter

Hi Peter:

I have not been able to get the ‘Create inline link’ to work, except once, I think it was an ingredient listing. I got a dropdown list in a recipe entry once, but the recipe I wanted to link didn’t appear in the dropdown.

If I understand, here’s what I should be doing: Type a title like “Other soups” in the Link box A dropdown should appear with pages to pick from. I select a desired page. Click the Create link button.

All I get is an ‘Error on page’ in the status bar. Let me know if I can help find it.

Beth

Hi Beth,

We have fixed the Create Link feature in comments. If you find it is still not working anywhere on the site, please let us know.

Thanks.

David

I’ve used the ‘Create inline link’ a few times now, in recipes and stories. But when I tried today to add one to a “comment” about Drew’s ribs, the list(s) presented were very short and did not find what I was looking for (search words: jose, melt, ribs). I worked around it but wonder if the query is somehow different than on other pages. Thanks a gazillion!

Beth

The search query used in comments is exactly the same as used elsewhere. The problem is that the query needs to be a bit smarter. Currently, it only finds pages with titles beginning with the text you type, it really needs to list all pages with titles containing the given text. Improving this is the first task on my list when I’m back in London.

We’ve changed the search query to find all titles containing the words you give. Hopefully this will be better. Let me know what you think.