This recipe comes from my Devil’s Food Cupcakes recipe but makes an excellent topping for all kinds of dishes from fresh berries to ice cream sundaes. It’s so versatile that I’ve even frosted an entire cake with chantilly cream (photo at right). Sidebar: If you were to omit the sugar and vanilla, overwhip the cream in the Kitchen Aid, and then mix it continuously by hand for a solid 15 minutes or so…you would end up “churning” it, and, ultimately, would make butter.
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ⅛ cup sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Kitchen Aid stand mixer with wire whisk.
- Put all ingredients in a Kitchen Aid stand mixer.
- Whip at high speed until very firm.
- Chill until ready to use.