Chocolate Glaze (for plating and decoration)
Have you ever wanted to drizzle chocolate sauce on a white dessert plate just for decoration? Then, try this recipe. I used this glaze to decorate the dessert I made in class, Gateau Paris-Brest (photo shown at right).
- 4 oz Valrhona Bittersweet Chocolate
- 3 T Water
- 3 T Corn Syrup
- ½ C Sugar
- Large, deep mixing bowl
- Measuring cups/spoons
- Sauce pan
- Saute pan
- Fill a saute pan halfway with water. Heat water on high heat. Put chocolate in a stainless steel bowl that will fit in the hot water bath (bain marie). Place bowl in hot bath and stir until chocolate melts. Remove from heat.
- Add water, corn syrup, and sugar to sauce pan. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Add melted chocolate. Let mixture stand for 2 minutes.
- Whisk until smooth. Use immediately by drizzling over dessert or directly onto plate. Use a fork to achieve a drizzle/design effect.
- Serve and enjoy.
What you should know
Click here for more great dessert tips and ideas