Eggs over easy on English muffin
Submitted by Andrew on 8 May 2007 - 12:48am.
Here’s a recipe for the beginners out there who want to create a good but simple breakfast.
- 2 eggs
- English muffin
- 1 Tbsp Butter for cooking plus enough to butter toast
- Frying pan with lid
- Place frying pan on the stove over a medium low heat.
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter to pan
- When butter has melted crack eggs into pan.
- Add a few tablespoon of water to the side of the pan (not on the eggs) and cover.
- Meanwhile separate the English muffin into equal halves, toast and then butter.
- Since you are new to the kitchen I will add a warning not to stick a metal knife into the toaster to remove the toasted muffins.
- Remove eggs from pan when they have reached desired doneness. Generally it will take two or three minutes for the whites to cook through and for the yellow yolk to be nice and runny but time varies to be vigilant!
- Using spatula carefully remove one egg at a time and place on toasted and buttered muffin.
- Sprinkle with salt to taste.
- Serve while hot.