Grilled Figs with Rosemary and Honey
Kadota figs herald the beginning of late summer. Here is a delightful way to enjoy them.
- 6 fresh, whole figs, trimmed and halved (I use Kadota, but Mission would be great, too)
- 2 Tbsp. honey. Use really good honey.
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh rosemary
- a grill
- Grill the figs over medium-high heat for 6 to 8 minutes, turning once midway through.
- Divide between two plates.
- Drizzle one Tbsp. of honey over each plate of figs, then top each with a Tbsp. of the chopped rosemary.
- Serve. Eat. Ahhhh.
What you should know
There is nothing sadder than generic honey. I use a very high grade honey that my sister sends me from New Zealand. Lavender honey is wonderful too. I use honey in salad dressings a lot even when it does not call for it!!.