Spiced Tomato Chutney
Submitted by Caren Bartlett on 31 January 2010 - 4:24pm.
Found this on Real Simple e-mail.
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- pinch of allspice
- pinch of cinnamon
- kosher salt and black pepper
- Small saucepan
- Measuring spoons
- Sharp knife
- Wooden spoon
- and storage container.
- In a small saucepan, combine the tomatoes, vinegar, sugar, allspice, cinnamon, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally, until the mixture thickens, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
What you should know
Mary…this recipe was inspired by you. :)