The Famous Brighton Chocolate Brownies
I ran a sandwich round during my time at university and the most popular thing on the menu were the Chocolate Brownies….not just any brownies, people used to literally fight their way to the front of the queue to get their hands on em! The recipe seems to change every time….
- Chocolate…Use good chocolate (not dairy milk!)
- Double Cream 1 pint
- Butter 300g
- Flour 500g
- Sugar depends how sweet you want it 200-500g
- Cocoa 3tbsps
- Baking Powder 2 tspns
- Cake tray
- mixing stuff
- First things first. Taste the chocolate to make sure it’s not poisoned then smash it up. Next Melt the butter in the pan and add the broken up chocolate and the cream and simmer until it’s all melted into a delectable sauce.
- After this I recall putting all the other ingredients in a big mixing bowl adding the chocolate sauce and mixing it up.
- Then whack it onto a baking tray and cook for about 45 mins. It should still be soft and gooey when you take it out, this is amazing warm but the gooeyness will die down a bit once it’s been out of the oven for a while.
What you should know
Finally you gotta find yourself a nice cup of tea and then sit down and watch Peep Show or The Mighty Boosh, I’d go with Peep Show for this recipe, it’s more chocolatey!