Asian pear in sake
Submitted by David on 17 March 2007 - 4:54pm.
This is an Asian twist on a classic poached pear recipe.
- One Asian pear per person (peeled)
- 2 star anise
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Juice and zest of a lime
- Saucepan (not too big, you want the pears quite tight in the pan)
- Combine a pint or so of water with a cup or two of sake, the spices and lime juice and zest.
- Bring to to boil and let it bubble for about 5 minutes. Then reduce to a simmer.
- Add the pears, cover and simmer for about 45 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, and let them cool in the pan.
- Once cool, cut the pears in half, de-core, slice if you fancy and serve with chocolate sauce.