Cold Rice Pilaf Salad
Submitted by BunnyR2 on 16 April 2007 - 7:04pm.
This is a wonderful salad that can be prepared in advance.
- 1 cup rice pilaf, cooked
- ½ cup sliced black olives
- ½ cup sliced green olives
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1- medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup raisins
- a few cherry/grape tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup roasted peanuts
- 1 teaspoon of regular mustard
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- ½ cup canola oil
- Rice cooker or pot
- Jar or small bowl for dressing
- Cook rice pilaf according to package instructions. Let cool.
- Mix all the salad ingredients together, except the peanuts.
- Mix together mustard, lemon juice and canola oil.
- Toss this mixture with the salad and refrigerate.
- Add peanuts just before serving to keep them crisp.
- SERVE CHILLED.