Chocolate Mousse Cake
Submitted by BunnyR2 on 1 March 2007 - 11:52pm.
Here’s a wonderful chocolate cake that is easy to make. It’s great for Pesach but is good all year round.
- 18 oz semi sweet chocolate
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 egg yolks
- 8 egg whites
- 3 ½ packages of lady fingers
- cream, for whipping (cold)
- 10 inch spring form pan
- Sauce pan
- Whisk, hand blender, or mixer
- Combine chocolate and sugar in a sauce pan. Melt over a low heat. Let cool.
- Add 8 egg yolks to chocolate and sugar mixture.
- Beat egg whites until stiff and fold into chocolate mixture.
- Line 10 inch spring form pan with 3 ½ packages of lady fingers lining the sides and then the bottom. Lightly grease pan. Alternately layer mixture with lady fingers (three layers) Finish off with chocolate.
- Refrigerate at least 3 hours.
- Top with whipped cream
- And shavings of chocolate for a nice finishing touch.
What you should know
Can be frozen well.