I am more of a thighs man. You can keep your breasts. I tasted Julia’s thighs on Saturday night and I couldn’t get enough of them. Thankfully, she has agreed to let me share them with you all.
I love the simplicity of this quick, succulent chicken dish. More significantly, so does my daughter who is not a big chicken fan. So I expect this will become a family staple.
- 4 chicken thighs off the bone
- 2 heaped Tbs Dijon mustard (or more if you like)
- ½ tsp mashed garlic (Julia uses a jar for convenience)
- A little oil
- Salt and pepper
- Grill or griddle pan
- Combine the mustard and garlic and bind with a little oil.
- Season the thighs well.
- Cover both sides of the thighs in the mustard and garlic marinade.
- Let it marinade for a couple of hours at least.
- Grill for a few minutes each side (don’t overdo it!).
- Squeeze some lemon juice over the chicken and serve.
What you should know
Don’t be put off by the mustard… this is a great dish for the kids. The chicken is really juicy and has a sweetness to it that the little ones lap up. I serve it with steamed rice and broccoli for a perfectly balanced, nutritious light supper.