Red Miso Ginger Glazed Salmon
Submitted by John on 16 July 2007 - 12:35pm.
The Japanese ingredients add flair to this recipe. It is a natural for fresh salmon.
- 4-6 oz Salmon Filets
- 4 slices of lemon
- 2 Tblsp rice wine vinegar
- ½ cup honey
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 2 Tblsp red miso paste
- 2 Tblsp soy sauce
- 1 Tblsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp fresh ginger root, grated
- 3 scallions, sliced
- Oven-proof sauté pan (one that can be placed in oven)
- Pastry brush
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- For sauce: blend all ingredients until smooth.
- Sear salmon in oven-proof sauté pan over high heat.
- Remove from heat and brush filets with sauce and place lemon slices on filets. Return pan to preheated oven.
- Bake in oven for about 15 minutes.
What you should know
This recipe also works well on the grill.