Scalloped Goat Cheese and Garlic Potatoes
These potatoes are great with roasted meats. I would consider it a frontrunner in the comfort food division. This recipe makes about 6 servings.
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup (5 oz) crumbled soft goat cheese (I like Montrachet)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- ¾ tsp fresh ground black pepper
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg
- 2 lbs Yukon Gold potatoes, sliced thin
- A shallow, oven-proof 10” pie plate or casserole baking dish 11”x7”x2”
- Medium bowl
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Whisk milk, cream, goat cheese, garlic, salt, pepper, and nutmeg together in bowl.
- Make a layer of slightly overlapping potatoes on bottom of baking dish. Pour some of milk mixture over potatoes. Repeat layering potatoes and pouring milk mixture until all are used.
- Place in oven and bake until potatoes are tender and you get golden spots on crust. About 1 hour depending on your oven.
- Serve hot from oven.
What you should know
I have found soft goat cheese with herbs and garlic. If you use this type of cheese omit the clove of garlic.