Strawberries & whipped cream
Sweet and delicious strawberries are in full season in garden and here is a the simplest of desserts for a warm summer evening. When I was a child we would take turns whisking the cream. The anticipation was sheer delight. Now I use a mixer. It tastes almost as good as the memory.
- Strawberries, fresh picked and roughly cut
- Cream, 1 pint
- Confectioners sugar, 2 Tbsp
- Vanilla, ½ tsp
- or old fashioned hand powered balloon whisk and bowl
- Pick a bunch of strawberries.
- Roughly cut them into bite sized pieces.
- Set aside
- Add cream, sugar, and vanilla to mixer. To prevent splatter, slowly bring the mixer to high speed.
- Mix until cream becomes nice and firm. (about 3 minutes)
- If you are using a whisk, whisk at a constant speed until cream thickens. (about 5 - 10 minutes)
- Add cream to serving bowls and sprinkle strawberries on top.
- Serve and enjoy!