I am a huge fan of the simple margarita so much so that over time I have evolved the recipe into a whole new kind of margarita — one that is as simple as it is elegant. This drink is built upon the premise that the finer the tequila the less it needs. I don’t always have a fine tequila on hand, but when I do here’s how I enjoy it.
- A quality tequila (I love Patron Silver and Herradura)
- A dash of Cointreau
- A squeeze of lime
- Cocktail glass - chilled
- A small plastic bag
- Place a few ice cubes in the small bag.
- Smash the bag against the inside of you sink until the ice is crushed.
- Add crushed ice to cocktail glass.
- Pour desired amount of tequila over crushed ice.
- Add a dash of Cointreau
- Squeeze a dash of fresh lime over glass.
- Swirl and enjoy.
What you should know
If you prefer not to water down your tequila with crushed ice, simply skip the ice-in-the-bag trick and use a cocktail shaker.
Margarita Quick Links