Arroz con pollo, Peruvian style
Arroz con Pollo, is one of my favorites dishes from my home country, Peru. I loved it so much that I learned how to make it very fast.
My Grandmother was my inspiration in the kitchen. She used cook so good. I learned a lot from her. She left me her precious secret recipes. Now, every time I have guest over for dinner I like to make my famous arroz con pollo. I always get good complements. My husband and my kids like this delicious dish too.
PS. The main ingredient to this dish is a pinch of LOVE.
- 1 whole chicken in pieces
- 2 cloves of mash garlic
- 1 medium onion, chopped in small squares
- ½ cup of canola oil or any cooking oil
- 3 cups of rice
- 5 cups of chicken broth
- 1 cup of cilantro blended with water
- ¼ cup of frozen green peas
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- If you like to add more spices, like garlic salt and lawrys seasoned salt is ok. Don’t add salt if you add the additional spices because it will be too salty.
- 1 medium pot
- 1 frying pan
- blender (for the cilantro)
- Fry the pieces of chicken and remove them on the side.
- In the same grease add the garlic, onions, salt and the rest of the spices.
- Put in the pot the fried chicken, the cilantro and the chicken broth. Let it boil for few minutes.
- Add the rice, and let it boil in medium heat until the liquid disappears. Then turn the heat to low and add the green peas until everything is cooked. You must cover the pot only when you lower the heat to low. Not before.
What you should know
You can also make this dish with duck, beef or pork if you like instead of chicken.
Remember, every time you add any spices to your recipe make sure you taste it first; in case you need a little more. And don’t forget to add your pinch of love, it is very important.
I hope you enjoy it.