Submitted by John on 12 April 2007 - 8:32pm.
Here is a classic pesto. Great tossed with your favorite pasta. Top soups and bread. It is a must have for the pantry.
- 1 cup basil leaves
- ⅓ cup olive oil, extra-virgin
- 3 ea garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup pine nuts, toasted
- ½ cup grated imported Parmesan cheese
- ⅛ cup grated imported Romano cheese
- Salt & fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Food processor
- Jar for storage
- Place basil, garlic, cheeses and pine nuts in food processor.
- With machine running, drizzle in olive oil and continue processing to a paste.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Store in jar in refrigerator.
What you should know
If paste is to thick for your preference, you can add more olive oil.