Pasta with Miso Pesto
I am trying to expand my vegan recipes. So, I asked one of my chef friends and he said this was great tossed with pasta. He attributes this recipe to the Vegetarian Times.
- Pasta, enough for 4 of your choice, cooked and drained
- ½ cup spinach leaves, washed and spun dry
- ½ cup fresh parsley leaves, washed and spun dry
- ¼ cup fresh basil, washed and spun dry
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp light miso (Japanese bean paste)
- ¼ cup pine nuts, toasted
- Food processor or blender
- Large bowl
- Place all ingredients in a food processor or blender.
- Puree to until smooth.
- Toss with pasta of your choice.
What you should know
Most markets carry miso in their specialty sections.