Blue cheese vinaigrette
I once was a professional cook. It seems ages ago and was but, it is still so fresh in my mind that I often drift back to those crazy times of making recipes for a few hundred people at a time. It was a time of very large bowls and long giant sized mixing utensils, a lot of multiplying of ingredient quantities and, a lot of make-shift kitchens in tents or sheds somewhere on the grounds of huge mansions in Maine. Happy times shared with a wide array of nutty and cool people. I would like to share with the Crestwood family two recipes made hundreds of times for hundreds and still a couple of my favorites. These recipes have been scaled down to Crestwood family size.
- 1 cup white wine vinegar
- OR ½ cup white wine & ½ cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp fresh lemon peel
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 3 cups vegetable oil
- 1 tsp dried tarragon
- 6 oz crumbled blue cheese
- Large mixing bowl (a shallow metal bowl works well)
- Large metal whisk
- You may use a food processor of you desire a creamier result
- Mix all ingredients in metal bowl with whisk. Do not over mix to keep the crumbled blue cheese effect.
- Pour over any vegetable (cooked or raw).
- Also good as a mixed green salad dressing or a sauce for a carrot, raisin, apple mixture.
- Enjoy. Keep refrigerated.