Cucumbers In Brine Soup (POLISH)
It is an amazing polish soup , largely unknown in the West United States.
- 0.5 lbs Cucumbers In Brine (go for the Arabic canned cucumbers)
- 0.5 lbs potatoes
- 1 ½ carrots
- half celery root
- 1 ½ parsley root
- ⅓ glass sour cream
- ½ spoon caraway
- ¼ of bouillon cube
- 1 spoon maggi seasoning
- vegeta (optional)
- ½ glass of brine left form cucumbers
- Peel the potatoes and cut into cubes. Shred the carrot. Peel the celery root and parsley cut into pieces. Put 1.5 qt of water to boil. Drop celery, carrot, parsley and potatoes and ¼ of bouillon cube. Boil until carrot is semi soft.
- Shred the cucumbers and add to the soup as well as ½ glass of brine. Bring to boil.
- In a separate cup mix sour cream with a little bit of soup. Stir very well. Add to the soup along with caraway.
- Taste and add maggi sauce and a dash of salt and pepper or vegeta for final touches. Serve with fresh bread.
What you should know
It takes about 35 min to finish. Cucumbers in brine are the key ingredient in here. DO NOT buy American brands. Find Arabic brands like “Mid-east” or “Beit Hashita” or of course if you can get polish then you pimping ‘. You can add more brine from cucumbers to make it a bit more sour. I prefer that. Maggi seasoning is an european version of soy sauce, most of american markets carry it.