Drunken Flank Steak
Submitted by toryspelling on 25 April 2007 - 7:33pm.
You don’t have to be a beer lover to love this one.
- 1 flank steak (aprox 1-2 lbs)
- 2 bottles of beer
- 6 scallions, minced
- ⅓ cup canola oil
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp light brown sugar
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp, red pepper (ground or flakes)
- Large bowl
- Time (three days worth)
- Grill or grill pan
- Meat thermometer
- Tenderize the flank steak with a fork.
- Combine all the remaining ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Add the steak, cover bowl and refrigerate overnight or up to three (3) days.
- When you are ready to grill remove the steak from the marinade.
- Grill the steak on a high heat until the internal temperature reaches 135 F (for medium rare). This should take approximately five minutes on each side.
- Remove steak from heat and let cool 10 minutes.
- Cut steak against the grain, salt and pepper to taste, serve and enjoy!