Submitted by toryspelling on 25 April 2007 - 8:02pm.
This is really easy and really delish, provided you have the time to let the chicken marinate. Prepare this the night before and you will have a easy dinner when you get home the next night.
- 1 cup olive oil or canola oil
- ½ balsamic vinegar
- 3 scallions, minced
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 3 Tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- dash of Tabasco or chili sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Chicken, cut up (aprox 4 to 5 lbs)
- Large bowl
- Baking Pan(s) with high sides
- Plastic wrap or aluminum foil
- Combine all the listed marinade ingredients and mix well.
- Add chicken and marinade to baking pans. Be sure that chicken pieces are completely covered by the marinade.
- Add chicken, cover with plastic wrap or aluminum foil and marinate for at least 6 hours and up to 24 hours.
When ready to cook
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Remove cover from chicken and bake at 325°F for 30 minutes.
- While chicken is in the oven preheat or light grill.
- After 30 minutes remove chicken from oven
- Remove from oven and using the tongs remove the chicken from the marinade.
- Cook chicken on grill until browned on each side (about five minutes.) Baste with marinade repeatedly while grilling.