Submitted by John on 2 May 2007 - 1:09pm.
- 1 lb skirt or flank steak
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 Tbsp kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 3 tsp chile powder
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ⅓ cup fresh lime juice
- ⅓ cup peanut oil
- ⅓ cup añejo tequila
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp molasses
- 3 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 chipoltes in adobo sauce*
- Large non-reactive bowl
- Add all ingredients to bowl and whisk to combine.
- Marinate for a least 5 hours or overnight.
- When ready to use, remove meat from marinade and grill. Discard marinade.
What you should know
If you do not want to make your own Chipolte in adobo sauce, you can usaually find them in the specialty section of your supermarket or at specialty stores.
If you are allergic to nut oil, you can use canola oil.