My Mother's Chicken Strips in Wine
This was my favorite meal when I was growing up. My mother still makes it on special occasions. When Doug was born, she made it at my house, and made enough to put in the freezer so I didn’t have to worry about cooking.
- 4-6 lbs boneless chicken cut into strips
- 1 cup flour
- 3 tblsp oil
- 3 tblsp butter
- ¾ cup white wine
- 1 can mushrooms
- Frying pan
- Baking pan
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Melt butter and oil together in frying pan.
- Lightly coat both sides of chicken strips with flour and place in frying pan.
- Add seasonings and mushrooms to frying pan.
- Stir in wine.
- Simmer 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375°F for 30 minutes. Add more wine if needed.