No Bake Cookies
My Mother would have my ass for posting this…but I recieve so much from this site…I can’t resist giving something back! Especially something special…This is a great thing to do with kids…it’s quick, easy and fun to dollup! I’m sure there are other’s like it, but here’s my familie’s version of the “Top Secret” Recipe: “No Bake Cookies”…They melt in your mouth…Have fun…
- 3 C. Quaker QUICK Oats, dry oatmeal (MUST be the QUICK cook kind)
- 3 Tbls. Hershey’s cocoa
- 1 stick Butter
- ½ C. Milk
- ½ C. Peanut Butter (optional)
- Parchment paper or Aluminum foil
- Combine Butter, Sugar, Hershey’s cocoa, and Milk in the saucepan above high heat. Bring to a roiling boil. Reduce heat. Stir for 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add the Oatmeal and peanut butter. Stir, stir, stir until all is combined.
- Drop by tablespoon onto parchment paper, and allow to dry.
- …Bon apetite!
What you should know
I once accidentaly used regular oats instead of the quick kind…they never dried. I ate them anyway but don’t tell anyone. If I am feeling like just more of a chocolate taste, I’ll only put a tablespoon of peanut butter. …and…when I am in love…I shape these into hearts with two teaspoons…and of course…give them to the oh so lucky guy…that’s what chocolate is for anyway in my book.
Click here for more delicious desserts.