No bean hummus
This is a great way to make your own hummus without cooking! It’s easy, fast and packed with protein from the sesame tahini. I make a batch every week and serve it over rice and beans, or with pita, carrots, cucumbers and celery. It’s a sure way to get your kids to eat their Veggies, if there’s any left after the adults get to it!
- 2 zucchini, peeled and chopped
- ¾ cup tahini
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- 3-4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 ½ teaspoons sea salt
- ½ tablespoon ground cumin
- In a blender, combine all of the ingredients.
- Blend until smooth and thick.
What you should know
A high speed blender is preferred but not necessary.