Creamy Homemade Hummus
Submitted by John on 17 October 2006 - 6:52pm.
Hummus is a staple at my house. It’s great for last minute guests or something quick to ward off hunger. Makes about 3 cups.
- 3 cups canned chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
- ⅓ cup Tahini
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground corriander
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper
- Parsley and lemon slices
- Food processor or heavy duty blender
- Serving dish
- Place in all ingredients into food processor except for garnish.
- Process until you have a smooth paste.
- Transfer to serving dish. Garnish with parsley and lemon slices. Serve with Lebanese bread, raw vegetables, or pita chips.
What you should know
For variations: Add fresh oregano and lemon zest or roasted red peppers.