Sparkling lemonade recipe
Some like it bubbly, some like it not. By making a simple syrup with the lemon rind you are guaranteed to capture an intense lemon flavor that will take the edge of a hot summer afternoon.
- 3-5 lemons, juiced
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- Bubbly water, any brand will do
- Sauce pan
- Juice your lemons and set aside.
- Zest the lemon rinds into a sauce pan add ½ cup of water to the sauce pan, cover and set over a medium low heat for ten minutes.
- Add sugar to sauce pan and stir until sugar dissolves. Let cool.
- When ready to serve add ice and bubbly water to pitcher. Add about half the lemon juice and a healthy dollop of the lemon flavored simple syrup.
- Mix, taste, adjust.
What you should know
Store extra lemon flavored simple syrup in the refrigerator for up to two months.