Thai Curried Salmon Soup
Curry paste and coconut cream enhances the flavor of this soup. You might have to go to specialty markets to find some of the ingredients, although, many upscale markets now carrying these ingredients.
Go outside your comfort zone! By going to these markets is how you learn of foods you may have never seen or tasted.
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 medium onions, peeled and chopped
- 2 tsp mild curry paste*
- 2 cups water
- ⅔ cup dry white wine
- 1 ¼ cups heavy cream
- ½ cup coconut cream*
- 2 potatoes (12 oz) peeled and large dice
- 1 lb salmon filet, skinned, “pinned” (boned), and cut into bite sized pieces
- 4 Tbsp chopped fresh Italian parsley
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Large sauce pan
- On medium high heat, melt butter and add onions. Cook until just softened.
- Stir in curry paste. Cook for about a minute more.
- Add, water, white wine, and coconut cream.
- Bring to a boil until coconut has dissolved.
- Add potatoes. Simmer, covered until almost tender (about 15 minutes). Do not over cook the potatoes or they will break down.
- Gently add salmon. Simmer 2-3 minutes until just cooked.
- Add parsley and adjust the seasoning(salt and pepper).
- Serve immediately.
What you should know
- These ingredients can be found in many Asian markets. You can make your own curry paste.