Tuna penne with rocket arugula and lemon
Our dear friend Jennie, who spent six months in Rome, came back with this amazingly delicious and simple recipe that is quintessential Roman. This Tuna penne with arugula and lemon recipe is one of those rare gifts that keeps on giving. It is quick and easy to prepare.
Prep & cook time: 15-20 minutes Serves: 4
- 1 lb dried penne pasta
- 200g tuna in olive oil (two small cans)
- 1 cup fresh rocket/arugula roughly chopped
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 2 cloves of garlic (finely chopped)
- 2-3 dry red chili peppers (broken or chopped)
- 3-4 tbl olive oil
- Large pot to boil pasta
- Frying pan/skillet
- Large serving bowl or dish
- Bring a pot of water to full boil and add 1 tbl salt.
- Cook penne pasta according to directions and timing on package.
- Meanwhile over a low to medium low heat gently cook the oil, garlic and chili peppers in the skillet. Add tuna and keep warm.
- Drain pasta in colander when it is ready.
- Add pasta to serving dish.
- Stir in garlic chili oil.
- Toss with lemon juice and rocket.
- Serve immediately.