Vegan Thai green curry
This is a vegan version of my Thai green curry. I started making this because I’d always liked the look of the dish in restaurants, but couldn’t eat it because I’m allergic to coconut. If you’re not (and you’re not worried about the calories) you can always swap the soya milk for the more traditional coconut milk.
Quantities for 4
- a handful of Mange Tout (snow peas)
- 1 courgette (zucchini)
- a bunch of fine beans (string beans)
- ½ red pepper
- ½ onion
- fresh green chili. chopped (optional)
- 4 Tbsp Thai green curry paste - I use “Thai Taste”
- ½ pt unsweetened soya milk (or coconut milk)
- ¼ cup soya yoghurt (optional)
- oil for frying
- a few splashes of light soy sauce
- 1 tsp raw cane sugar
- fresh coriander (cilantro)
- a lime
- Cut all the vegetables into bite-sized pieces.
- Heat a little oil in a wok. Stir fry the vegetables with the the curry paste for about 3 minutes.
- Add the soya milk (or coconut milk) and bring to a good boil.
- Season with the soy sauce and sugar.
- Reduce the heat and stir in the soya yoghurt. Simmer for 3 minutes.
- Serve and finish with cilantro and a good squeeze of lime.