The coals are dying down. The last remnants of charred meat are removed from the barbecue and you are wondering what to do with that glorious, fading heat.
There is only one thing to do. Indulge yourself.
- Cadbury’s Flake (or chocolate of your choice)
- Brandy (or something similar)
- Aluminium foil
- Create a slit through the length of the banana skin into the fruit itself. Use your fingers to gently open the fruit.
- Into the opening, crumble the Flake chocolate… as much as you like.
- Drizzle some brandy over the chocolate… as much as you like.
- Wrap the banana tightly in the foil.
- Place directly onto the dying coals and let it stew for a while. I would say at least 20 minutes.
- Open the foil, pour cream into the wound and eat immediately with a teaspoon.
What you should know
A Flake works really well with this. I can’t think of a good American alternative to this British chocolate bar. Of course, you can grate any chocolate and use this in the absence of a flake.