chicken and veg nugget
i have always curious about nuggets, so i was so lucky to found this recipe on local magz. As usual, trust your taste buds to decide what’s good to make this nugget taste even better than the original recipe i give here :D
- 300 gr minced chicken meat
- 1 egg beaten (for layer)
- 1 egg (to mix)
- 1 minced carrot
- 50 gr coarse breadcrumbs to mix
- 5 spoon coarse breadcrumbs for layer
- 4 gloves garlic
- 1 tbs pepper
- 1 sp dried prawn
- 1 tbs coriander
- ½ tbs salt
- 2 tbs sugar
- mortar pestle
- grind garlic, pepper, dried prawn, coriander, salt and sugar.
- mix chicken, carrot, breadcrumbs, 1 egg, and the spice pasta.
- take a spoon, shape it in nice small round shape, until it’s out
- cover each with beaten egg and cover it again with breadcrumbs
- fry in medium heat, until it’s golden brown and ripe
What you should know
you could add minced spring onion if you like. and you could also get rid of the dried prawn (it was used to add savory taste) or / and the coriander (personally, i think coriander is good for most meat based side dish - but my mom disagree) if you don’t like.
the breadcrumbs is used to make a firm batter, preventing it from break ups (eh? i’m not sure i’m using the right terms here) during frying. If you feel like you need more breadcrumbs, you may add to your taste, but be careful, because the more breadcrumb is used, the less meaty the nugget will be.