Chilled melon soup
In the height of summer when melons are in season, I can’t think of a better way to honor this delectable then to totally annul it into a refreshing soup. This starter serves about 6.
- 1 six pound honeydew melon
- ¼ tsp ground cardamom
- ¼ tsp ground coriander seed
- ¼ tsp ground(powdered) ginger
- pinch of salt
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp green creme de menthe (optional)
- food processor/blender
- fine mesh strainer
- bowls to serve
- Remove seeds and rind from melon
- Cut into large chunks
- Puree in food processor/blender
- Push puree through strainer pressing with ladle
- Stir in remaining ingredients and blend until well combined
- Cover and chill until serving
What you should know
For a fresh taste and a nice presentation, garnish with mint.
For a little different pizazz, you can replace creme de menthe with ¼ cup vodka. Then again liquors are always optional.
Click here for more satisfying soup recipes.