Chinese salmon steak
This recipe is a very fast dinner when you serve it with your favorite salad or steamed vegetables. The whole recipe takes only 10 to 15 minutes from start to finish.
- 3 Salmon steaks (about 1 ½ pounds total)
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp white pepper
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp finely chopped fresh ginger
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp dry white wine
- 1 tsp sugar
- 4 green onions, with tops, cutinto 1-inch peices
- Wok or skillet
- Spatula or tongs
- Rinse the salmon steaks with cold water. Pat dry with paper towels and sprinkle the salmon steaks with the slat and pepper.
- Heat a wok or skillet over high heat. Add the vegetable oil, ginger, and salmon steaks. Panfry for 1 minute on each side, or until light brown; add the soy sauce.
- Turn the steaks over to coat with soy sauce and then add the wine and sugar.
- Turn the steaks over again so the sauce completely coats them.
- Reduce the heat and add the green onions. Cook for 1 minute over medium heat.
- Serve immediatly
What you should know
I have reprinted this recipe from my book Everyday Chinese Cooking. I hope that enjoy this recipe and consider purchasing this book which I cowrote with my mother Leeann Chin.