Chloe's Fish with Eyes
I love to eat fish with eyes. My papa’s friend David told me that some people love to eat the eyes, except I don’t. But I love the fish. Here’s how we make it.
- Fish, cleaned and butterflied (1 fish per 2 people)
- Olive oil
- Fennel (optional)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fish holders (you don’t have to use them but they do it good)
- Sprinkle the inside of the fish with olive oil, salt and pepper. Sometimes we add fennel too.
- Wipe some more oil on the skin to keep the fish from sticking.
- Place fish in holders, if you have them.
- Grill over high heat for just a few minutes on each side until the fish is ready.
- Squeeze lemon over top and serve
What you should know
I get to put the salt and oil on, but I not allowed to do the grill. When I am older I can do that.