Grilled cheese- panini style
On a cold day when a little comfort is required there is nothing like a grilled cheese with tomato soup. Now there’s no right or wrong way to make grilled cheese, this is simply how I do it when I’m feeling fancy and want to use my over-priced indoor grill. If you were more frugal than me while in the store, an old fashioned frying pan will suffice.
- A good bread (I prefer ciabatta)
- Gruyere, sharp cheddar, or mozzarella cheese
- Olive Oil
- Panini press, George Forman grill or skillet.
- Slice loaf in half.
- Line inside with cheese
- Brush outside with olive oil (or butter)
- Toast on high heat in Pannini press or grill on both sides in a well greased skillet.
- When outside is toasted and cheese is melted, remove from heat, cut into finger sized portions and serve.
- Dunk into tomato soup for maximum enjoyment.
What you should know
Do you know the difference between a panini press and a George Foreman grill? About $50.