Margarita (easy master recipe)
Submitted by Imbibe on 23 October 2007 - 6:41pm.
There are a lot of variations on the simple margarita and it can be confusing at times. Here is the simple trick: match the liqueur to the fruit or visa-versa.
- 1 oz of flavoured liqueur (i.e., Midori (Honeydew), Lena (Banana), Rubis (Strawberry), Mohala (Mango))*
- 2 oz Tequila
- 1 ½ oz Fresh lime juice
- ½ oz simple syrup (or to taste)
- Pieces of fruit to match liqueur for garnish
- Salt and extra lime juice for rim
- Cracked ice
- Margarita glass (12 oz)
- Cocktail shaker
- Place salt on shallow plate.
- Wet rim of glass with extra lime juice.
- Invert glass into salt on plate and swirl to coat rim.
- Blend ingredients in cocktail shaker.
- Shake and pour into salt rimed glass.
- Garnish with appropriate fruit.
What you should know
- I mentioned some specific liqueurs but there are others on the market that are flavored the same.