Mini Crab Cakes
These tasty mini crabcakes will have your party guests clamoring for more. For big parties I make them up to a day before and simply reheat in the oven when it’s time to serve.
- 16 oz can crabmeat
- 4 tsp old bay
- 4 slices white bread
- dash of milk
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp fresh Italian parsley
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tsp mustard
- clarified butter or unsalted butter and a dash of olive oil
- large bowl
- baking sheet
- Put bread in large bowl and sprinkle with milk to moisten.
- Add all remaining ingredients with the exception of the crabmeat and mix well.
- Add crab meat and mix lightly.
- Press tablespoon sized balls into crab cakes and then put in refrigerator for ½ an hour.
- Fry in clarified butter.
If preparing in advance
- Let cool and then store cooked crabcakes in refrigerator.
- When ready preheat oven to 300°F.
- Bake for 10 minutes and serve immediately.
What you should know
If you don’t have clarified butter don’t fret. Regular butter will do. Just be sure to gently heat the butter and keep it at a medium low setting to prevent the butter from burning.
Be careful not to over stir the crab. Ideally you want big lumps of crab in your crabcake. That’s why the crab meat gets added last.
Feel free to improvise.