Tropical Curried Chicken Salad
Submitted by John on 8 May 2007 - 9:07pm.
This is a great fresh, tropical salad for brunch or light meal. The mixture of exotic fruits, curry, and a touch of honey make this a salad to remember. This will make about 4 servings.
- 2 quarts water
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ¾ cup plain yogurt
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp honey
- ⅛ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp curry powder
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ½ tsp fresh ground black pepper
- ½ cup peeled, cubed mango
- ½ cup peeled, cubed papaya
- 4 lettuce leaves, washed and patted dry
- Medium saucepan
- Medium non-reactive bowl
- Bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- Add chicken, reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken and let cool. Cut into ½ inch pieces. Set aside.
- Combine yogurt, fresh lime juice, honey, curry powder, vanilla extract, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Mix well.
- Add mango, papaya, and cooled chicken. Toss to combine.
- Place lettuce on serving plates. Spoon salad onto lettuce leaves.